Wednesday, November 23

When your head get dry, just wander

Selling possible is the most challenging profession of all.
Let's see, a very good salesperson have to be smart; honest; sincere but delicate; self confident; well dressed; charismatic; have a nice sense of acting, pace and timing; have a good voice; be capable to run a marathon of work; be in form for travelling a lot; and after all that, must have a lots of pragmatic creativeness that is distilled in a headline seasoned with facts and anecdotes that sell.

But, what happens when suddenly your head gets off-tune? When no one of your anecdotes fit the situation, when you can't find the way to match your environment with a miserable headline:

Suddenly you get dry of ideas

That is what just happened to me coming back from a business journey to Madrid. I spent three hours in the cabin, trying to find the correct headline, searching for the right facts that would hit the heart, the tummy and the heads of those whom I must talk next day...nothing, nothing get out from my mind.

I was really worried and somehow frustrated by the idea of defenselessness in front of that white paper sheet: when you got no ideas, you really can't sell anything, because selling is always a mental attitude whose currency are words. Words full of sense, of course.

Luckily, I remembered that getting deep in the situation wouldn't resolve my problems. Letting run my imagination as I was walking from train station to home would. And really did. Why?

Because daydreaming help to free your mind, gives your head the necessary spaces for linking ideas -that at first sight, may seem without any connection. Wandering gives you the scenario for daydreaming -the changing spaces as you walk, discovering new details in architecture, looking and imagining with garden shapes, lights and shades, even reading the rotten street advertising boards.

Simply visualize your destination, ask your head to do its work, and help it fantasising.

It really works for me, at anytime..that's the reason why my favourite hobby is letting fly my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment